Thursday, May 16, 2013

Preparing kids to be creative!

To my suprise, I received a project that I need to assist my grade1 daughter (i.e darasa la kwanza tanzania), she was supppsed to do a research and make a presentation infront of her fellow students and class teacher.

I started reflecting this to myself, and i remembered that, the only project I did with 5 minutes presentation was my fourth year final project. That was my first time sort speaking, I stood in front of other people presented my knowledge in certain area of expertise, if I exclude academic  competitions I used to participate when I was in primary school which also made me stand up in front of large group and answer questions but not explain any concept and get challenges.



Looking at project description, and thinking back what can a standard one student do, I was wondering if my daughter could do anything regarding this project. I was there to guide her and make sure that she deliver on time, but surprisingly, she new all about searching information on google, reading books from library, visiting ponds and rivers, we did all that, then she made her final presentation, drew very nice picture of ponds and animals living in the pond as well as made a final report.

This is amazing, I am not sure if I would be able to do this when I was in standard one, but also, how many form fours in Tanzania can do such a thing?

I am not blaming students, but our education system,

Cant we just copy from others if we cannot create our own working ideas?

Anyways, I waited for my daughter as she was coming back from presentation, It was Amazing!




Next morning we decided to go for a shopping as I was so impressed with a good work!



Went then for a boat ride! 





Stopped somewhere for lunch on our way back home!



Finally, we had to go back home, time is up, preparing for another day. Thats me few minutes before hitting the road again!



           IT WAS A GOOD DAY!!!


1 comment:

  1. Nice shots of the kids and family. Keep the blog post coming!

    ReplyDelete